You might be wondering how to deactivate instagram account on android phone or iphone, no worries we have summarized it here for you. You can either deactivate your instagram account or delete in permanently. we have discussed deleting instagram account permanently in another post.
Instagram is a ultimate social connector that allows everyone to connect to the world with just one click. You can upload stories, inspirations, your daily life pictures and videos to connect with the family and friends. While Insta provides you the way to connect with the world it also makes you addict of using social media. Addiction of using social media can affect your health or your daily routine. However, many of us sometime thinks to take a break from online world and spend some time with friends and family by deactivating instagram account temporarily.
Things to know Before deactivating Instagram account
Before you deactivate instagram account you should know the circumstances.
- You wont be able to use instagram.
- You cant deactivate instagram twice a week.
- Your all data will be hidden from everyone.
- Your followers, comments, images and messages will be saved but you wont be able to access them.
- You can re-activate your account any time whenever you want to join Instagram again.
How to Deactivate Instagram on Mobile phone?
Before deactivating your Instagram account. You need to know that you can only deactivate your Instagram account once in a week.
Follow these steps to deactivate your account using android phone.
- Login to instagram.com from your browser or Mobile application.
- Tap on your Profile picture in bottom right corner.
- Tap on Profile.
- Tap on Edit Profile.
- Scroll down and tap on temporarily deactivate my account.
- Select any option from the drop down menu that why you want to deactivate your account.
- Confirm your password and click on deactivate my account.
- Confirm account deactivation by clicking on yes.
- After successful deactivation you will be logged out.
How to deactivate Instagram on Iphone?
You can deactivate Instagram on iphone by following the steps mentioned below but before deactivating your account you need to be well awared that you can only deactivate Instagram once in a week.
- Login to instagram website or Insta iphone app.
- Tap on the user icon or your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on account.
- Tap on delete account option.
- Tap on deactivate account.
- Select a reason that why you want to deactivate your account and re enter your password.
- Tap temporarily deactivate your account.
Please keep in mind that the option to temporary deactivate account only appears if you have selected any option from the deop down menu and entered your password. For More reason if you dont want to deactivate your account you can check Insta mods with some extra features on our website.
I have mentioned that proven and simple ways that how you can deactivate your instagram account in android mobile phone and iphone. Deactivating your account temporarily is a good option if you want to come back and use it in future so you can take a little break. Moreover we have also provided some great insta mods with extra features on our website like gb instagram by using them you can unlock some features that are not available on official insta app. If you face any problem or issues you can send us an email through contact us form or using comment section below.